Position Title:Recreation Leader
Company:City Of Douglas Nv
Location:Douglas, NV, US
The recruitment will be used to fill vacancies that work up to 19 hours per week with temporary Summer Camp hours (June thru August 2021) 30-40 hours weekly, no benefits. Position is for Kahle’s Community Center Kid’s Club as well as helping with Special Events and Summer Camp.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and conduct of recreation programs and activities, including direct supervision and guidance of youth participants; prepares lesson plans and leads games and craft activities; works as primary contact at camps and during off-site trips.
- Maintains records of programs and activities including, but not limited to, rosters, daily roll sheets/attendance records, time cards, and emergency contacts; ensures up-to-date and accurate contact list for parents and/or legal guardians and ensures that children are picked up in accordance with authorizations on file.
- May receive funds at events; maintains accurate inventory of program supplies, games, crafts, etc.; participates in the shopping/ordering of supplies and snacks.
- Inspects facility to ensure youth safety and maintains a clean and organized recreational area; cleans up spills and unsanitary conditions when they occur.
- Prepares supplies and materials for programs and activities and prepares snacks; arranges chairs, tables, and sporting or exercise equipment in designated rooms or other areas for scheduled group activities; operates audiovisual equipment, as needed.
- Coordinates activities of assigned staff; prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; coaches, instructs, and provides training to employees as necessary; prepares activity and snack schedules; participates in training opportunities and attends staff meetings.
- Periodically drives children and other staff in a van for off-site activities; monitors trip petty cash and activities of youth during recreational trips or tours; disciplines youth participants according to established policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Correct English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic record keeping practices.
- Basic understanding of recreation activities.
- Basic understanding of Child Development and child abuse recognition.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, often in situations which may be stressful.