Position Title:Deputy Sheriff I
Company:City Of Douglas Nv
Location:Douglas, NV, US
The application for employment with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office must be completed in its entirety. Any misrepresentation, deception, omission – intentional or accidental – or failure to fully complete any of the information requested in this application shall be viewed as sufficient cause to remove the applicant from further consideration for employment or may result in the termination from employment should such misrepresentation be discovered after an offer of employment has been made.
- Accountability for Inmates – Conducts daily head counts, periodic cell and pod checks; moves inmates to and from locations for court appearances, medical care, visits, etc.
- Intake and Release of Inmates – Brings inmates into the jail by conducting searches, booking questionnaires, fingerprints, photography, access to bail and phone.
- Ensures Safety of Inmates and Staff – Conduct facility and person searches for weapons/drugs/contraband; conduct surveillance, investigations, and reports of crimes committed within the detention facility; monitor activity of inmates; handle inmates with mental health issues and provide intervention to ensure safety.
- Handle Health and Welfare Issues – Carry out processes to ensure that inmates are provided with adequate food, clothing, medicine, and clean living arrangements; Conduct inspections of living conditions to ensure compliance with departmental policy and federal law.
- Customer Service – Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls and directs the caller to the proper person or personally handles the call; provides information which requires the use of judgment and interpretation of policies, rules and procedures.
- Court Appearances – Transports inmates to and from court; provides security for court staff and inmates during proceedings; updates legal paperwork to ensure timely compliance with court orders; responds to emergencies in the court house.
- High School education/GED; AND:
- Must be 21 years of age at time of hire.
- Must be Citizen of the United States at time of testing for the position.
- Must have no convictions of any crime for which registration in the State of Nevada is required pursuant to NRS 207.090 or 207.152.
- No DUI conviction within the last 5 years.
- No crime conviction for Domestic Violence.
- No drug use/sales within 5 years.