Position Title: Senior Recreation Leader
Company: City Of El Segundo
Location: El Segundo, CA, US
This is a part-time, non-benefited, at-will position exempt from the classified service. This position will be scheduled to work up to 18 hours per week. Afternoon, evening, Friday and Saturday hours are required.
- Display courteous and professional behavior and customer service toward all patrons, contract instructors, other employees and supervisors.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing to supervisors, staff and participants.
- Respond promptly and courteously to inquiries from the public, outside agencies and employees.
- Answer phone calls and help in-person customers regarding general questions, facility reservations, class registration, etc.
- Observe all City rules and regulations.
- Assist with special event preparations and work the day of the event if assigned.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Obtain a CPR/AED certification within the first 6-months of hire.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Enforce and carry out all applicable rules and regulations.
- Inform coordinator and/or supervisor of any safety issues or concerns.
- Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of facilities.
- Assist with preparations and operations of program areas assigned. Assist with ordering office or program supplies, as needed.
- Process Recreation ID card purchases.
- Process class and program registrations using computer software.
- Handle daily cash, credit card and check transactions. Handle daily cash drawer reconciliation, complete daily drop log and accounting log.
- Assist with the general facility operations. Monitor and maintain a clean and safe work environment, department equipment and supplies.
- Assist Contract Instructors with the day-to-day needs of each program, including room set-up, equipment needs, and printing rosters.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling field, facility and picnic reservations.
- Assist with training new front desk and recreation staff, staff scheduling and shift coverage, as needed.
- Coordinate and update display cases, bulletin boards and posting of other promotional signage at various recreation facilities.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings with supervisor to report all operational updates, challenges and occurrences.
- Schedule and dispatch Shuttle Drivers for various transit operations.
- Assist Supervisor/Coordinator with the coordination and implementation of recreation programs.
- Ensure the safety of all Park patrons and visitors on a daily basis through effective supervision.
- Enforce Park Rules, Department Policy and City Municipal Code, as necessary.
- Ensure all field/facility gates and locks are opened when appropriate.
- Ensure that Incident/Accident Reports are properly filled-out and are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and report abuse or maintenance needs at parks and facilities, including vandalism and graffiti.
- Ensure that all Park flags are taken down nightly and secured properly.
- Ensure that all fields and facilities are locked and secured at end of the day.
- Assist with the setup and break-down of sports facilities and programs.
- Equivalent to completion of high school plus some college coursework and two (2) years of general clerical experience or recreation leader experience, preferably in municipal recreation, or any combination of training and experience which may provide the required knowledge, ability and skill.
- Experience working with adults and seniors is preferred.