Position Title: Junior Product Writer
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We want to attract the very best talent and create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people and enables them to do the best work of their careers. We recognise the world is not a perfect place and that bias exists, which is why we take a focused approach in this area and are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic junior fashion copywriter to join the product copy team at MATCHESFASHION.
- You will be part of a fast-paced, committed and knowledgeable team of writers and editors, achieving daily targets and delivering the highest standards of commercial product copy.
- The role will involve strong research skills, a knowledge of key fashion trends and designers and a flair for short, sharp copy.
- Highly organised and production-minded, you will work closely with the team’s product writers and editors and help to maintain a seamless editorial process, ensuring that all copy is written in a timely manner.
- You will also work closely with interns and help to support them where necessary.
- Write clear, concise and engaging copy for the product pages. This copy should be written in an elevated manner that reflects current trends, has a sound understanding of the brand and is aligned with the MATCHESFASHION house style.
- Meet daily upload targets and be measured on productivity, content accuracy and quality.
- Take responsibility for a key product category and become a specialist in that area. Conduct regular audits, update the team on exclusives and new buys and pull together inspirational reading material around your specialist area.
- Work with the product technical specialists to ensure all size, fit and care information is communicated as accurately as possible.
- Any other related duties as reasonably requested.
- Excellent written English and a flair for short, sharp copy
- Graduate (or equivalent) with proven experience
- Experience in copy writing for a luxury retailer
- Excellent presentation and communication
- Research and wider reading
- Taking on board and acting on feedback
- Sound knowledge of national and international men’s and women’s fashion, designers, brands and trends
- Experience with CMS and back-office systems
- Be able to carry out your role to the highest standards under pressure
- Excellent time-management skills
- Must have a positive, enthusiastic, team-orientated attitude.
At MATCHESFASHION we are on a mission to offer the most personal luxury shopping experience in the world. We are renowned and respected for the relationships we build with clients and our brand partners. To achieve our ambition, we capitalise on our unique combination of technical savviness and global innovation mixed with curated content.
We like to think of it as logic meeting magic. When we come together, great things happen.