Position Title: MYLC Volunteer
Company:City Of Akron
The Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council is a youth, civic leadership initiative designed to educate students about their government, community organizations and service-led projects. This is an unpaid volunteer position. Student volunteers must be currently enrolled in high school or entering 9th grade with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0. Student must be a resident citizen living within the corporate limits of the City of Akron. Submission of a copy of the student’s school transcript is required at time of application.
- Assists in maintaining, analyzing, and reporting on all fiscal activities of City departments/divisions.
- Assists in distributing revenues and expenditures by funds and preparing reports as required by federal and state rules and regulations. Prepares requests for federal support of departmental programs and projects.
- Prepares annual departmental/divisional budgets and monitors the maintenance of all fiscal records.
- May assist in the preparation of the City’s comprehensive annual financial report, annual informational statement, and other published documents.
- Performs complex revenue and expenditure cost analysis and funds control studies.
- Assists in phases of the fiscal analysis, funds control, and fiscal reporting for City projects such as, income tax capital improvements expenditures, payroll rotaries, interest calculations, and construction expenditures.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a baccalaureate degree and major course work in accounting or finance.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of municipal budgeting, finance, and funds administration.
- Knowledge of the use of modern office equipment and computers as it pertains to accounting and fiscal reporting work.
- Ability to design accounting and fiscal reporting processes. Ability to perform and report on complex fiscal analysis.
- Ability to work with fiscal systems involving complex multiple-funding and legal obligations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other persons.