Position Title: Media Communications
Company: Metropolitan Police
Location: Hounslow, United Kingdom
This is an exciting chance to join the Metropolitan Police’s communications department and work alongside dynamic operational policing teams, creating new and innovative opportunities to positively engage with the media, our communities and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver reactive and proactive media engagement
- Be proactive in driving and developing the format and content of our media responses.
- Drive best practice in quality and content in how we respond.
- Provide strategic advice with confidence in pressured situations.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes, working collaboratively within own team and across the organisation.
- Be a main point of contact on specific inquiries relevant to the desk.
- Ensure you are proactive in organising news diaries, forward planning.
- Monitor media and organise responses to developing news stories.
- Pick up on essential administrative duties as required by the desk.
- Be part of an on-call rota and be prepared to work out of normal office hours if circumstances demand it and at short notice.
- Be prepared to deal with unexpected breaking issues which on occasion will require working beyond normal expected hours.
- Monitor own and colleagues’ work against plans and milestones and act promptly to ensure activity stays on track and outcomes are delivered.
- Quality assure our products and services, ensuring timely action is taken if they fail to meet standards.
- Manage the governance standards and guidelines around media delivery, ensuring professional delivery, and always maintaining a tight control on content and quality.
- One role will require shift work on our Press Bureau which currently operates between the hours of 6am and 11pm, seven days a week, but with the possibility that you will have to cover a full 24-hour shift pattern.
- As part of the shift rota, you will be required to work weekends for which you will receive additional premium pay.
- The shift role will attract a shift disturbance allowance of 15% of your salary.
About Hounslow, United Kingdom
The Metropolitan Police Service is famed around the world and has a unique place in the history of policing.