Position Title: ENFORCEMENT PLANNER
Company: City Of Cardiff
Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
The Planning Service contains three Teams: Planning Policy; Strategic Development Management & Placemaking; and Non-Strategic Development Management & Enforcement. Together, we play a key role in delivering and managing the growth of the city
- putting in place a plan-led policy framework – preparing plans and guidance;
- delivering new developments through a masterplanning and placemaking approach;
- providing an efficient development management service – effectively processing the highest number of planning applications in Wales; and
- continually working to improve performance and efficiency.
- Support the Development Manager to provide an efficient and effective planning enforcement service.
- Investigate alleged breaches of planning control, negotiate appropriate informal remedies or recommend enforcement action when required.
- To prepare reports and other information, and to assist in the presentation of them at meetings, committees, public inquiries and to outside organisations when required to do so.
- To obtain, prepare and present evidence at appeals, hearings, public inquiries and court proceedings as necessary.
- Where required, to act as the case officer for householder, advertisement consent and minor development proposals, including pre-application advice and formal planning applications.