Position Title:Case Manager
Company:City Of Cobb County
This position is located at Cobb Senior Services. This position will facilitate client care by assessing client’s needs, evaluating options, developing care plans, coordinating care, gauging progress and delivery of services. This position will link clients to the available services and resources. This position will maintain clients’ records by conducting and documenting assessments and re-assessments, reviewing case notes, logging events and progress. This position will perform other case management duties as assigned.
- Provides consultation and information to clients, volunteers, service providers and the general public regarding programs and activities related to senior services: researches and explains internal and external programs, services, requirements and availability; and maintains information and knowledge of federal and state benefits and community-based programs.
- pssesses, screens and determines client referrals for eligibility for services: conducts interviews and needs assessments; conducts home visits; conducts initial assessment of cognitive, physical, social, economic and emotional status/functionality of individuals; interviews and observes clients in their living environment; and may translate documents and provide advocacy for bilingual clients as needed.
- Provides case management services: develops, implements and monitors comprehensive plan of care for clients based on assessment, client expectations, and availability of services; initiates/coordinates services and maintains contact with service providers; collaborates with client, family, and informal supports to implement plan; reviews and updates care plans; evaluates service provision; monitors progress; and adheres to federal, state and agency policies regarding service eligibility and monitoring.
- Assists general public and clients with locating and applying for financial and material assistance: assists clients with applications; collects information and submits documentation to agencies; assists clients in paying rent, utility bills, etc.; and arranges and schedules necessary appointments for same.
- Maintains client case files in departmental database: documents client visits, services provided, and client progress; inputs, updates and changes information as needed; and maintains service logs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Gerontology, or related field; supplemented by one year of experience in social work or case management.
- Knowledge of social services programs and community resources for senior adults.
- Bi-lingual English /Spanish
- Experience with ongoing case management and managing a minimum caseload size of 75 or more.