Position Title: EDUCATION OFFICER
Company: City Of Cardiff
Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
The service has responsibility for young people in mainstream education and those who are EOTAS. The role of the directorate extends beyond statutory school age and this responsibility includes formal accountability and non-formal and informal educational functions.
- This new post will strengthen the links between the Education Service and the Youth Justice Service.
- Its purpose will be to identify and remove barriers to engagement with education, employment or training for young people. Whilst working primarily with young people of statutory school age there will be aspects of the role which will involve work with post 16 services.
- The post holder will work closely with the YJS Education Welfare Officer and link with case managers. The post holder will be an integral part of the Targeted Support Service and as such work closely with Education Welfare and the Youth Service and also work with the wider education departments, especially Inclusion.
- You will be a qualified teacher with experience of working with young people with Additional Learning Needs (ALNs) and have a good understanding of how Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) affect young peoples ability to engage with education, employment and training and as well as making them susceptible to exploitation.
- You will have good interpersonal and analytical skills and be willing and able to present reports to a range of professionals.
- You will have strong safeguarding, equality and diversity knowledge and principles.
- You will, ideally, have an understanding of Education and Youth Justice structures and processes.
- Whilst you will work primarily within Education and with the Youth Justice Service you will need to work with a wide range of agencies and services.