Position Title: Administrative Intern
Company: City Of El Segundo
Location: El Segundo, CA, US
This is a part-time, non-benefited, at-will position exempt from the classified service with a limited duration of one year. Currently, one Administrative Intern position is available in the Finance Department. This list will be established and used to fill other vacancies as they occur.
- Performs administrative/secretarial duties for a department and/or program area; independently prepares correspondence and selected reports for review/signature and on behalf of administrative superior; independently prepares, reviews and checks documents, records, and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance with applicable rules and regulations; prepares and/or assists in the preparation of notices, applications, resolutions and other documents.
- Represents a department and/or program area to the public; receives and evaluates citizen complaints and initiates appropriate course of action; provides information to others requiring in-depth knowledge of work unit/department programs and operations; provides information to others requiring interpretation and/or enforcement of department and City policies.
- Maintains records of departmental expenditures; assists in preparation of department budget; reviews, prepares and may authorize purchase requisitions and payment of invoices; orders supplies and equipment; collects and compiles statistical, financial and other information for special or periodic reports.
- Assists in the operation of an office; maintains complex filing systems; verifies/calculates cash receipts for bank deposits.
- Provides training and guidance to support staff.
- Graduation from high school or GED and one (1) year increasingly responsible administrative or office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be currently enrolled, or scheduled to enroll, in college with major coursework in Accounting, Marketing, Public Administration, Business Administration or a directly related field. Incumbents must maintain a course load of college semester/quarter units and maintain a grade “C” average or higher.